KEF, the renowned manufacturer of innovative, reference-quality loudspeakers, has introduced two new series of architectural loudspeakers, including square and rectangle models, to provide custom installation professionals a complete array of high performance audio solutions that are heard and not seen.
Each new model in KEF’s Custom Installation (Ci) loudspeaker series features a new Ultra Thin Bezel (UTB) design and select models are driven by KEF’s unique Uni-Q® driver array, providing installers with discreet in-wall/in-ceiling loudspeaker solutions that deliver the legendary and uncompromised sound that has made KEF an industry leader for over 50 years.
“From legendary products like the Reference series to recent innovations like KEF Blade, KEF has long been recognized as one of the leaders in developing superior audio products,” said David Kroll, Ci product manager at KEF. “Keeping in line with that same commitment to providing the world with the best in high performance audio, we have incorporated over 50 years of research and design into making our Ci Series one of the best architectural loudspeaker solutions on the market. With unobtrusive design and KEF’s renowned audio quality, installers can feel confident knowing the Ci Series will deliver aesthetically and acoustically.”
The Ultra-Thin Bezels and magnetic grilles featured on KEF’s new rectangle and square Ci Series models are designed to seamlessly blend into a home’s decor and surrounding environment, allowing installers to place the loudspeakers throughout the home without disrupting its cosmetic appeal.
In addition to an ultra-low profile design, the Ci Series’ special grille treatments allow them to be used in humid or moist environments, including bathrooms, patios and porches, and boats.
KEF’s “Q” series Ci loudspeakers are backed by KEF’s patented Uni-Q driver array, which places the tweeter in the acoustic center of the woofer. This allows both the woofer and tweeter to act as a single, focused source of sound that is dispersed widely and evenly throughout a room or setting—a feature not found on any other in-ceiling loudspeaker brand.
Enhancing Uni-Q performance, KEF’s Ci Series square and rectangle architectural loudspeakers also feature KEF’s “tangerine” waveguide which provides an even greater level of dispersion and driver protection.
The “C” series models incorporate an asymmetrical tweeter island to deliver a cleaner, purer sound that reduces diffraction and enhances off-axis, high frequency response. In both the Q and C series, KEF’s forward woofer mounting eliminates diffraction and ensures that the speaker perform brilliantly regardless of placement.
KEF’s New Ci Series Loudspeaker Models:
- Ci160CL – C Series; 6.5″ LF Drive Unit; 0.75″ HF Drive Unit; 10.79″ H x 7.56″ W cut-out dimensions; MSRP $249.99/each
- Ci160QL – Q Series; 6.5″ LF Drive Unit; 0.75″ HF Drive Unit; 10.79 H x 7.56″ W cut-out dimensions; MSRP $324.99/each
- Ci200CL – C Series; 8″ LF Drive Unit; 1″ HF Drive Unit; 13.15″ H x 9.37″ W cut-out dimensions; MSRP $274.99/each
- Ci200QL – Q Series; 8″ LF Drive Unit; 1″ HF Drive Unit; 13.15″ H x 9.37″ W cut-out dimensions; MSRP $349.99/each
- Ci100QS – Q Series; 4″ LF Drive Unit; 0.75″ HF Drive Unit; 4.4″ H x 4.4″ L cut-out dimensions; MSRP $219.99
- Ci130CS – C Series; 5.25″ LF Drive Unit; 0.75″ HF Drive Unit; 6.22″ H x 6.22″ L cut-out dimensions; MSRP $179.99/each
- Ci130QS – Q Series; 5.25″ LF Drive Unit; 0.75″ HF Drive Unit; 6.22″ H x 6.22″ L cut-out dimensions; MSRP $249.99/each
- Ci160CS – C Series; 6.5″ LF Drive Unit; 0.75″ HF Drive Unit; 7.56″ H x 7.56″ L cut-out dimensions; MSRP $249.99/each
- Ci160QS – Q Series; 6.5″ LF Drive Unit; 0.75″ HF Drive Unit; 7.56″ H x 7.56″ L cut-out dimensions; MSRP $299.99/each
- Ci160CSds – C Series; Dipole Speaker; 6.5″ LF Drive Unit; 0.75″ HF Drive Unit; 7.64″ H x 7.64″ L cut-out dimensions; MSRP TBD
- Ci200QS – Q Series; 8″ LF Drive Unit; 1″ HF Drive Unit; 9.37″ H x 9.37″ L cut-out dimensions; MSRP $349.99/each
Select models of KEF new Ci Series are available now while the entire range will be available for purchase in Spring of 2012.
For more information on KEF’s Ci Series, visit http://www.kef.com.
For 50 years, KEF has created technology that delivers the best listening experience for people who are passionate about natural sound. Founded on October 2, 1961 by Raymond Cooke O.B.E., KEF continues to maintain its flair for unusual and controversial speaker engineering, design and material use. KEF flourished during the 1960s, and in 1970 received the first of two Queen’s Awards for Export Achievement. Ten years of worldwide growth followed, solidifying KEF’s reputation as one of the international leaders in speaker engineering. The Gold Peak Group acquired KEF in 1992, backing KEF’s British heritage with new ideas, a new personality and new products, leveraging its deep R&D and global manufacturing capabilities, and building on the company’s core strengths in acoustics, design, distribution and quality. With the celebration of its 50th anniversary, KEF will continue to build on its strong heritage to define listening experiences for the next 50 years and beyond. www.kef.com
About KEF America, Inc.
KEF America, a division of KEF Audio, offers loyal North American audiophiles a line of innovative speakers and components unmatched in the industry for quality and innovation. Headquartered in Marlboro, New Jersey, KEF America shares the same guiding principles as its British counterpart: ground-breaking design, exceptional sound and an unshakeable commitment to excellence. For additional information about KEF and its award-winning products and unique technology, please visit www.kef.com.
Scott Moody, Director of Public Relations
Stephanie Scola, Marketing Manager
Tel: 732-683-2356 x123