It’s important for you to know everything that is being said about your brand. In today’s fast-paced news cycle, that’s happening quicker than ever. A cost-effective (FREE!) way to keep an eye on breaking news, blog posts, message board comments and more involving your brand—and even your competitors—is to set up Google Alerts.
Simply follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.google.com/alerts.
- Type in your search term. This could be your company or product name.
- Filter by result type. We recommend “Everything.”
- Select how often you want the email alerts. We recommend “As-it-happens.”
- Choose to select “All Results.”
- Input your email address.
You’ll then receive an email verification from Google. Click the link to confirm you want the alert and that’s it. You’ve easily set up a quick and free way to monitor your brand.