KEF, the renowned manufacturer of innovative, reference-quality loudspeakers, has introduced two new series of in-ceiling loudspeakers into its impressive range of Custom Installation (Ci) loudspeakers. All models of KEF’s easy-to-install lineup of Ci loudspeakers feature an all-new Ultra Thin Bezel design. The new QR series are driven by KEF’s legendary Uni-Q® technology, providing custom installers with discreet, yet powerful and superior-sounding in-wall/in-ceiling loudspeaker solutions, while the new CR series utilizes KEF’s asymmetrical tweeter island to deliver near Uni-Q performance at very high value.
Attendees to EHX 2011—held March 17-19 in Orlando, Fla.—will have an exclusive first-look at the new Ci loudspeaker line in the KEF booth (1101A) on the show floor.
“From living rooms, to media rooms, to airports, boardrooms and more, the new Ci in-ceiling loudspeaker lineup is perfect solution for custom installers looking to hide the loudspeaker and not the sound,” said David Kroll, Ci Product Manager for KEF. “From the Ultra Thin Bezel, to the advanced Uni-Q driver array, these discrete yet powerful loudspeakers were designed to provide custom installers and their customers with an advanced, high-performance loudspeaker that can blend seamlessly into the surrounding décor.”
The new Ci models all embrace a completely new design philosophy incorporating all new parts—particularly the Ultra Thin Bezel—which gives a vastly upgraded cosmetic appeal to the range.
At the heart of the new Ci QR lineup is KEF’s patented Uni-Q driver array, which places the tweeter in the acoustic center of the woofer. This allows both the woofer and tweeter to act as a single, focused source of sound that is dispersed widely and evenly throughout a room or setting—a feature not found on any other in-ceiling loudspeaker.
KEF’s Ci in-ceiling speakers also feature a “tangerine” waveguide which provides an even greater level of dispersion and driver protection. The CR series loudspeakers incorporate an asymmetrical tweeter island to deliver a cleaner, purer sound and reduce diffraction and enhance off-axis, high frequency response. In both series KEF’s forward woofer mounting also eliminates diffraction and ensures we create speakers that perform brilliantly regardless of placement.
For an even greater level of installation flexibility, one of the new CR models recreates stereo sound for locations where there is only room for one speaker and features a screw-down clamp with moisture-resistant fixing for environments such as bathrooms or under eaves.
KEF’s new Ci models includes:
- · Ci200QR – 200mm (8.0in.) Uni-Q driver array; 25mm (1.0in.) Aluminum dome tweeter and ‘tangerine’ waveguide; Gold plated spring loaded binding posts. Retail $349.99 /ea.
- · Ci160QR – 60mm (6.5in.) Uni-Q driver array; 19mm (0.75in.) Aluminum dome tweeter and ‘tangerine’ waveguide; Gold plated spring loaded binding posts. Retail $299.99 /ea.
- · Ci130QR – 130mm (5.25in.) Uni-Q driver array; 19mm (0.75in.) Aluminum dome tweeter and ‘tangerine’ waveguide; Gold plated spring loaded binding posts. Retail $249.99 /ea.
- · Ci200CR – Asymmetrical tweeter island for wide off-axis response; 25mm (1.0in.) Aluminum dome tweeter and ‘tangerine’ waveguide; 200mm (8.0in.) extended response bass driver. Retail $274.99 /ea.
- · Ci160CR – Asymmetrical tweeter island for wide off-axis response; 19mm (0.75in.) Aluminum dome tweeter and ‘tangerine’ waveguide; 160mm (6.5in.) extended response bass driver. Retail $224.99 /ea.
- · Ci130CR – Asymmetrical tweeter island for wide off-axis response; 19mm (0.75in.) Aluminum dome tweeter and ‘tangerine’ waveguide; 130mm (5.25in.) extended response bass driver. Retail $179.99 /ea.
- · Ci160CRds – Asymmetrical tweeter island for wide off-axis response; Dual 19mm (0.75in.) Aluminum; Dome tweeters and ‘tangerine’ waveguides; Dual voice coil 160mm (6.5in.) extended response bass driver. Retail $274.99 /ea.
Online Press Kit: http://pressroom.marketingmatters.net/kef/ciseries/
For more information on the KEF Ci series, visit http://www.kef.com/us/newrelease/ci-ceiling.
KEF, a division of GP Acoustics, is a UK-based company that has earned a reputation as the premier manufacturer of stunning, audiophile-quality speakers for modern home theater, hi-fi and custom installation applications. KEF products, distributed around the world, have won awards on both sides of the Atlantic. KEF is a brand name long associated with style, quality and technical innovation. Founded in 1961 by a British electrical engineer named Raymond Cooke on the banks of the River Medway, KEF is driven by a passionate belief in the power of innovation and quality. Still occupying the same riverbank site, KEF remains passionate about its patented, proven technologies such as Uni-Q® and ACE®. These characteristics, traditions and, above all, quality, secure KEF’s reputation as a world class manufacturer of the best speakers in the world.
About KEF America, Inc.
KEF America, a division of KEF Audio, offers loyal North American audiophiles a line of innovative speakers and components unmatched in the industry for quality and innovation. Headquartered in Marlboro, New Jersey, KEF America shares the same guiding principles as its British counterpart: ground-breaking design, exceptional sound and an unshakeable commitment to excellence. For additional information about KEF and its award-winning products and unique technology, please visit www.kef.com.
Scott Moody, Director of Public Relations