Sarasota, Fla. – September 22, 2011 – Clare Controls announced today the availability of ClareVision, an IP video surveillance solution that provides built-in analytics, easy scalability and a wide assortment of end user control options. The ClareVision system includes a comprehensive catalog of cameras, encoders, NVRs and accessories required to configure an IP surveillance application to each user’s specific requirements.
The “brain” of the system resides in its advanced analytic capabilities, which are embedded in every ClareVision camera and encoder. These intelligent algorithms, originally developed for real-time analysis of surveillance video in government/military installations, support applications as simple or as complex as the user desires. Standard analytics allow the system to disregard non-events (e.g., changing light conditions or ripples in water) that trigger false alerts in traditional systems. Optional advanced analytics enable more sophisticated thresholds to be set, identifying motion paths, the presence or absence of objects in a given frame and the creation of virtual zones.
ClareVision can be implemented as a robust standalone solution in commercial or residential applications, or integrated into a fully automated solution, where it fills a long-standing gap for intelligence and value in an IP-based surveillance product.
Building blocks of a ClareVision solution include:
- IP Cameras – Indoor, outdoor, low-light, fixed, zoom, PTZ and megapixel cameras are available, assuring an appropriate choice for nearly every situation and environment. Also offered is a line of infrared (IR) illuminators for enhanced night security beyond that which can be achieved by cameras incorporating built-in IR.
- IP Encoders – Encoders allow customers with existing analog CCTV surveillance systems to migrate to an IP-based system easily and economically, while adding the benefits of inbuilt analytics. The IP architecture offers additional value, supporting PoE camera connectivity (which eliminates the considerable labor and expense associated with dedicated power wiring) while providing superior support for longer runs, multiple sites, higher image resolutions and greater overall system flexibility.
- Network Video Recorders – NVRs are offered in conventional and enterprise configurations with multiple RAID backup alternatives and storage capacities. The NVRs are software licensed to support virtual scalability, overcoming traditional DVR port constraints.
- User Interface Options – Live and captured video streams are viewed on devices such as iPhones and iPads or via any computer with a web browser. Users configure ClareVision’s intuitive dashboard to customize their views, including tiled video feeds and filtered event logs. This flexibility guarantees an effective display, whether the user is securing private property, protecting valuable assets or simply keeping a watchful eye on the kids.
- ClareAssure – ClareVision can also be provisioned with ClareAssure, Clare Controls’ cloud-based network monitoring option that gives dealers constant insight into the health of the surveillance system and its individual components.
ClareVision snaps seamlessly into ClareHome, Clare Controls’ home automation solution. Doing so enables end users to incorporate IP video into home control views that they configure and re-configure at will (without dealer assistance), on their favorite devices. A user can, for instance, add a front door cam view to their kitchen iPad, along with lighting, temperature and audio controls.
For more information on Clare Controls and ClareVision, please visit http://www.clarecontrols.com/clarevision/clarevision.html.
About Clare Controls
Clare Controls is a provider of solutions that streamline the integration, maintenance and monitoring of sophisticated home automation systems. Clare products are deployed locally in customer sites and administered remotely via cloud-based technologies that maximize dealer efficiency while providing unprecedented customer control. For more information, visit http://www.clarecontrols.com.
Media Contact Info
Scott Moody, Marketing Matters